Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Words are meaningless and forgettable.

Alright, I've been getting comments telling me to post, so I'll go ahead and do that.

It's been a while, but that's because I spend 953 hours per day in the office working, so it's hard to find time to spew vitriol on the blog. I'll try to update more regularly in the future to keep all of my faithful readers [read: my brothers] entertained.

Last week Friday, I decided to drink a thousand beers. It was a rough week, and I needed to get liquored up. There is a bar here that holds some sort of FAC special (which stands for "Friday After Class" for those of you not cursed enough to live in Iowa). Basically, this bar has Bud Light [read: toilet water] for 50 cents a pop, so you can walk in with five dollars and walk out with a ticket for public intoxication. It's a great idea, really.

Since I hadn't eaten enough to have anything in my stomach by the time 4pm rolled around, 7 beers in about an hour and a half pretty much did the trick. For some reason or another, a couple of friends and I decided to go see a band called Okkerville River (whom I have never even heard of, but my office mate suggested them, and his taste in music is pretty good). Well, we got to the concert about an hour early, so we went to a nearby (different) bar and drank even more.

I also managed to run into a student on the way back to the concert, and I told her that I had been on heroin most of the day (which was totally true), and she got a kick out of it. It was amazing.

The opening band at this concert must have been some sort of concept band, as every musician (and I use the term loosely) had a beard and was balding and basically unattractive. It was so terrible, and the three of us there were so drunk that we left before the band we had just paid 10 dollars to see even got up on the stage.

What a lame story.

In other news, France is apparently blowing itself up because the FNB (Fédération Nationale de Brie) is warring against the government. There's unrest and all that good stuff, and now I hear it's downright impossible to get a good baguette anywhere in Paris. These are scary times in which we live, my friends.

My plan is to come up with a really good post really soon. Since none of my plans ever come to fruition, don't hold your breath.

Oh, and I totally revamped my blog, because I'm cool like that. I haven't been able to get the "recent songs" to update quite as often as it should, but I'm working out the kinks, so keep your criticisms to a minimum.

Comments:
Glad to see that you're still rocking good old Iowa. You have to stay in shape, the next challenge will definitely come some day.

Martn
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Listed on BlogShares