Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I feel like a rockstar.


the bombs bursting in air

For those of you who are lucky enough to be friends with the true King Bee, the man behind the keyboard, you'd know that for a while (try 3 years), he had not cut his hair. As such, he was on par for true barbarian status, only his hair was dyed black. However, his hair was as long as the corn in Iowa is tall (basically as high as an elephant's eye). Those days have passed.

I got back from the coffeehouse a few days ago and cut about 10 inches off of my hair. However, this left me with about 7 to spare, so I decided to check out the Aveda™ Certified salon here in Ames, where the lovely Amanda (who hates math with a passion but still was really nice to me and didn't use my status as a graduate student as an excuse to have a "bad hair day," if I may) had the privilege of fixing me up with a new do. I felt like a total rockstar when I walked out of there. Now all I need are some massive sunglasses, preferably aviators. All the ladies will faint as I walk by, and everyone in general will be jealous of my sexy look.

I'm pretty pleased with the way things turned out, as you can tell.

I'd post a picture here, but for now, I'd like to keep the mystique alive. If you really want to know what I'd look like, just try to imagine what type of guy the (NSFW) Suicide Girl Stormy would be interested in. That's right, she adores me.

(I'm omitting a direct link to her because I'm at a coffeeshop right now, and I don't want everyone to know that I'm obsessed with Stormy. Not that I don't want people to know that I love a beautiful woman, but not everyone "gets" what SuicideGirls is all about. If you don't, keep your mouth shut. I don't care. She's easily in the top ten most gorgeous women on this planet, and if you haven't seen the new DVD yet, you have to. You'll probably die, just like I did.)

In other non-style, non-pinup-girl related news, holding office hours at a coffeehouse is the best idea in the history of ideas. Not only does almost no one come to bother you, but you're still fulfilling your obligation to your employer by smoking, drinking coffee, doing crossword puzzles, and updating your blog. It is "teh r0x0r." The only problem is that I have to chainsmoke to keep the bees and other sting-having creatures away from me. I must be coated in nectar or something.

I've discovered that in order to properly lose weight, I actually need to eat more than I have been in the past. If you eat 3 meals a day (or more), and are never really hungry and never quite full, your body metabolizes everything much more quickly, making sure that you don't store all the energy you intake by consuming edible goodies. I'm very pleased with this realization, as it's been working for me.

I've been adhering to a strict diet of fruits, vegetables, grains, cigarettes, and black coffee. Notice that there's no meat in that list. That's because I'm trying out a whole vegetarian thing for the most part (I'll have pepperonis on a pizza from time to time), which was a great way to make an awesome first impression on the gorgeous woman who works at the "buy a burrito the size of your head" place here. Man, I am so attracted to women in foodservice, let me tell you. I'm sure that the Freudian school of thought means that I like to subjugate women or something. Eh, it's probably true.

Football season starts next week Thursday, which means I'll have to start devoting my creative nature to my TMMMLB column. However, maybe that outlet will work to your advantage; you'll only get really sweet fucking amazing mother of hell posts from now on. Hey, it could happen.

In order to keep a promise I made in a previous post, (MP3) here is a song that I made about 3 years ago, under the moniker DJ G Sounds. It's called "Taken Down," and I think it rocks pretty hard. It's not mixed, or mastered or remastered (or whatever the term is) properly, but the potential is there. I hope you enjoy it.

Lastly, if anyone knows how to take a screenshot in OSX 10.4, let me know. I'm at a loss.

Comments:
Good Lord, I need to see your hair. Send me a picture ASAP you motherfucker.
 
Back in the day, I could take a screenshot with "CMD-SHIFT-3" -- but that was like 10 years ago. Give it a shot.

I dig the drums on your song. Did you program them yourself or use loops?
 
Thanks for the screenshot info.

The drums are a combination of loops and stuff programmed myself.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Listed on BlogShares