Friday, July 08, 2005

Your favorite band sucks.


sales to minors prohibited

I'm a free man.

Well, for a month and a half, anyway.

Last night, my class came to an end, and I celebrated by drinking 4,000 pitchers of beer and smoking 572 cigarettes. Needless to say, my lungs and my liver (who I call "The L-Boyz") are a bit perturbed. Now I need to get back in "get in shape" mode. Rock it.

I really like [read: hate] it when newspapers decide to get people who know absolutely nothing about movies/music to review them. For instance, the ISU student paper has some chump named "Abby Lorenz" reviewing their movies. So I totally just put her name like that so that the next time she googles herself, she'll hopefully find this and freak out.

Anyways, being the idiot that she is, she criticizes Nolan on his work on Batman Begins for being too much like Joel Schumacher, the mastermind behind such tripe as the last two Batman films. She hates it for being a bit too fantastical to be based in reality. She says that Nolan used up all his creativity on Memento (apparently she hasn't seen anything else by him). Needless to say, she probably didn't even see the film at all. She gives it a 3 out of 5.

"War of the Worlds," this summer's biggest crap-o-rama, gets a 3.5 out of 5. Why? Because it is so fantastical. This woman apparently needs to be hit over the head with a consistency rod.

I don't mind if people don't like the same movies and music that I do. If everyone did, I'd have no hope, or I'd just get kicked out of concerts of bands that I do like, because mister "never shower" has a problem with me being in front of him and etc. Okay, only 2 or maybe 4 people might get that reference. Let's start over.

I don't mind if people don't like the same movies and music that I do. If people want to have terrible taste in things, I'm not going to stop them. However, if you do not like something and you're going to make claims about it, you need to back up those claims. You are free to just say "I didn't like it at all," and then move on with your life, ignoring questions from everyone inquires as to the reason why you hate a movie or a band. However, the instant you say something about it, like "it was predictable" (oooh, scathing), or "this vocalist sounds like someone is hitting Billy Corgan with a cat," then evidence is required. If you think these things, there are obviously reasons why you do. Simply tell me what they are, and then I'll tell you if you're right or wrong.

Therefore, if you hate Magnolia, The Machinist, Batman Begins, or Sin City, let's chat. If you despise the voices of Jack White, Robert Plant, or Maynard James Keenan, drop me a line. I'm absolutely positive that I can either get you to change your mind, or just upset you to the point that you want to tear my throat out. I'm good at that.

Comments:
anyone who hates batman begins is just a damn fool, and that's all there is to it. i'm not even going to allow people to say "i don't like it" and get away with it, because it's that good of a movie.

-Chessy
 
i've wanted to post on your journal like 5 times but didn't want to sign up for an account. only now do i realize that i can be anonymous. thanks, chessy.

jack
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Listed on BlogShares