Saturday, July 16, 2005

Dreams != Reality


useful when your house is on fire

So I was just working on a crossword puzzle and I suck, so I decided to update my blog. I'm sitting in (or outside, rather) Stomping Grounds, the hipster coffee shop slash restaurant that I've talked about before. I felt as though I should fully embrace the Wi-Fi world and update from here, so I am.

Last night, after losing 4-1 in pool and drinking two pitchers of beer, I decided to drink an entire bottle of wine. Naturally, this is always a good idea, especially when you don't have any place to be. I was talking online with this girl I met who lives about 30 miles away, and she came up with the idea to kidnap me.

She came over with one of her roommates, and the deal was done. They whisked me away to DSM, and I was so confused (due to the level of alcohol in my bloodstream). I was convinced this was a dream.

I vaguely remember the details of the evening, but they went something like this:

1. I asked her and her friend to spend the night, and they declined on the grounds that my place was messy and gross.
2. Some hitchhiker with the worst southern accent in the world got in the car and I warned him about the kidnapping nature of the two people in the front.
3. We went to someone's house, where they were watching a bootleg version of Star Wars: Episode III, and I felt it was my duty to commentt on the Adonis-like features of Hayden Christensen.
4. One of the guys in the house got in the car with us, and I made comments about his record collection, and how much it rocked. He had the first Black Sabbath album on vinyl, and I was jealous.
5. We went back to her place, where she and her roommate began drinking, and I tried to stay awake. I fell asleep while smoking a cigarette.
6. I woke up in her bed, fully clothed. How depressing.

I didn't get back home until 2pm today, where I decided to go to the local Hy-Vee (which is a grocery store chain for those of you who don't live in the heartland of America) to get some thinly sliced steaks to make one of my signature Cheesesteak Deluxe sandwiches. The guy working behind the butcher counter didn't know what the hell he was doing, and I got some subpar slices. I was disappointed.

I am also disappointed because my "friend" won't call me back and meet me here, so that we can finish our art project. If you stay tuned long enough, I'll post it when it's finished.

I'm going to call some German guy in a moment and try to convince him that it's a good idea to go see Sin City at the dollar theater with me -- for the sixth time.

--END TRANSMISSION--

Comments:
i got to say man sounds like you had a fun filled night wish i were you By the way depeche mode kick a**
 
It was fun-filled, and yes, depeche mode kicks ass.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Listed on BlogShares