Saturday, July 02, 2005

48-Down: One of 37-Across


48-Down: One of 37-Across

I spent most of my night last night at the Stomping Grounds (a coffee shop slash restaurant with a delightful pun of a name). I was reading Saying Yes, a book written by one of the editors for Reason Online. Now, if you know anything about that website, you probably know what you're getting yourself into. It's basically a book about legalization of any kind of drug. He makes a fine argument for his case, and anyone who quotes Homer Simpson ("To alcohol: the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems") will definitely grab my attention.

Speaking of grabbing attention, that book got a little boring after a while, and I felt a little like a chump sitting there alone with an American Spirit in one hand and an Old Speckled Hen in the other (the book was on my lap, okay?), so I decided to call my friend so that I could look somewhat popular in the eyes of others. Roughly half an hour after he showed up, the "ISU Jazz Quintet" started playing. I was blown away. I love live jazz so much that I could kill myself, and I would, if only it were socially acceptable, and I would be guaranteed to have ghost-like powers that I would use to haunt a women's locker room somewhere in La Jolla.

In other news, I've been slacking off in the crossword puzzle department lately. I haven't finished one in the last couple of weeks, and that's not good. In order to keep your lexicon rich, it is a good idea to do such puzzles. You wouldn't want to become stagnant, would you?

The only thing I hate about crossword puzzles are the clues that tell you to look at another clue, and that other clue simply tells you to glance back at the one you just came from (lost yet?). For instance, 48-Down might say "one of 37-Across," while 37-Across will say "see 48-Down." Where I come from, that's not a clue, that's torture.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Listed on BlogShares